Sunday 25 March 2012

The Scarlett Letters: First Day Tales http://bit.ly/GQpbhf Credit: dating/dating_advice_600/674_first-dates-the-rules-1058938-flash.jpg
As any single man or woman will testify, no matter how fun dating can be, we could all do without the dreaded pressure of the first date. Am I right? (That was rhetorical, by the way.)The way I see it, first dates should be as fun and flighty as possible; a mid-week drink here, a Sunday pint there. One guy once took me to a gig on a first date. The band was terrible but the date was not.My worst date ever was the first one after a breakup. I was an emotional wreck. After civilised drinks in a North London pub, we strolled outside and, as the lovely man leant in to kiss me, I burst into tears (how attractive). To his credit, he was an utter gentleman, feebly attempted a joke, placed me in a taxi and, naturally, never called me again.My following first date was far more successful - actually leading to a second, third and even fourth one

No comments:

Post a Comment